The MA352 Combines the Richness of Vacuum Tubes with the Power of Solid-State for Stellar Audio Quality
Note: We wrote this blog last year to highlight one of our favorite audio products, the McIntosh MA352. This amplifier was released about two years ago and has proven its worth ever since with discriminating audiophiles and casual audio enthusiasts alike.
It’s no surprise that other amplifiers have been introduced to the market in the past two years, so what’s special about this McIntosh MA352 that makes us still recommend it in 2020? The MA352 is packed with numerous McIntosh technologies. According to Audio Advice, these are some of its most noteworthy, futureproof features:
- Patented Power Guard® technology that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers.
- Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that will disengage the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time.
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- A 5-band analog tone control allows for manual adjustment of your favorite recordings (each band adjustable by ± 12dB).
- Home Theater Pass Through lets it be seamlessly integrated into a home theater system
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown.
- Data Ports to send remote control commands to connected source components.